Early Notification and Sibling/Legacy Policy
Parents of ENP Applicants:
As a “Priority Family” at The Birch Wathen Lenox School you are eligible to participate in our Early Notification Program (ENP). The ENP offers Priority Families the option of early decision for new applicants who are siblings of current BWL students, or who are children of Birch Wathen, Lenox, or BWL alumni. In addition, any family with an existing involvement or relationship with The Birch Wathen Lenox School may be eligible for the Early Notification Program and should inquire with our admissions office.
According to the ISAAGNY (Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York) guidelines, if you choose to participate in the ENP, THE BIRCH WATHEN LENOX SCHOOL MUST BE YOUR FIRST CHOICE. If accepted, you agree to attend by signing a contract and paying a non-refundable deposit. Participating in the ENP does not guarantee a place for your child. If you choose not to participate in the ENP, your son/daughter will be considered as part of our general pool of applicants.
If you are certain that The Birch Wathen Lenox School is your first choice:
- Notify us by December 1 if you wish to participate. Please complete and return the ENP response form indicating your choice. Please submit other application materials no later than September 30, so we can schedule your tour/interview early in the process.
- Applicants to grades 2-12 should schedule the ERB/ECAA/ISEE examination and scores should be forwarded to BWL promptly. Kindergarten and grade 1 applicants are not required to complete the ERB .
- We will notify you no later than Wednesday, January 2, 2019 with our decision.
- Reply to us no later than noon on Wednesday, January 9, 2019 with a signed contract and a non-refundable deposit.
- If accepted to BWL, you are encouraged to withdraw any outside applications immediately.
Please complete the following form indicating your decision, and return it to the BWL Admissions Department by December 1.
If we have not heard from you by this date, we will assume you do not wish to participate in the ENP and we will notify you according to the regular ISAAGNY notification dates.